Knowing your risk factors is a big step towards lowering your risk of developing cancer. That’s why our dentists will take the time to ask you questions about your lifestyle and family history so they can identify these and help you reduce them in the future.
Common risks include:
- A previous oral cancer diagnosis.
- A family history of oral cancer.
- Tobacco usage.
- Regularly consuming more than 15 units of alcohol per week.
- Regularly combining alcohol with tobacco usage.
- Regular sun exposure (lip cancer is also classed as mouth cancer).
- Being over 60 years of age.